Thursday, April 30, 2009

How do I put this?

As I was drifting off to sleep to my television program of choice: Frasier (something about his voice just soothes me into unconsciousness)...I heard another glorious sound. It may come as a shock to some, but there is a show called Reba on (another shocker) Lifetime Television for women. The show stars Reba McEntire...and the best part is, she sings her own theme song! Are you even allowed to do that? Isn't that sort of like wearing the t-shirt of the band you're in? It got me thinking about other shows where the star sings their own theme song but all I could come up with was Walker, Texas Ranger, staring the impeccable acting and vocal stylings of Chuck Norris. Now I'm curious...what other actors think they're the only ones who can do the job right? Reba McEntire and Chuck Norris can't be the only ones, right?

8 comments:

  1. Waylon Jennings sang the Dukes of Hazzard theme song and was also the narrator. Not exactly a character but close.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you guys would help me out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lee Majors "The Fall Guy" as seen here....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McmCnu5hYUc&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Etvscoop%2Etv%2F2008%2F06%2Ftop%5F4%5Factors%5Fwh%2Ehtml&feature=player_embedded

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe I forgot about Will Smith!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Frasier sings his own theme song as well

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Monkeys and Life Goes On - the whole cast sings it. In Both.

    ReplyDelete