Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Your Science Minute

Hey guys
Hope your day has been a good one.
My scientist buddies and I have been up to some research and I thought I'd share a little of what we found out this week.

A new study published in the journal for Occupational and Environmental Medicine says that
lack of  "Team Spirt" at work can lead to depression. An easy way to fix that is by giving your co-workers a nice pat on the behind or deep french kiss. It works wonders here in the lab.

In Robot news I watched this great video on TED.com about the robots being used in war and though i didn't understand a lot of the big words he was using, the pictures were really cool. It also made me want to watch Short Circuit. Here's the link: http://www.ted.com/talks/view/id/504

And finally in Earth news. 
The earth shifted 15cm (that's like 6 inches for you americans) the other day in that quake in Italy. Which just goes to show that we need to start thinking about  how to calm Hades God of the Underworld when he gets restless and tries to go around fucking up our shit on the surface of the Planet. I think maybe we should start focusing on building a robot that could drill down to the underworld and tell him to stop or shoot him up full of Xanax or something.

I'll report back with any new findings as soon as they're found!

This has been your Science Minute and stay dry out there.

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant! I completely forgot about robots... maybe you guys in the lab could develop a robot that french kisses me with its eyes open while playing Short Circuit 2 (love that gold ensemble, Johnny 5!) for me like a viewfinder... that's what I'd call teamwork...

    ReplyDelete
  2. To clarify, I believe Poseidon (brother of Hades) is God of Earthquakes. He is also the God of the Underwater Go-Kart Track in stunning Wisconsin Dells. I recommend sacrificing a clean, untainted bull, wrapping the thighs in the largest, most delicious strips of fat and allowing Poseidon to devour them in the all consuming fire.

    ReplyDelete