Thursday, April 9, 2009

I look like a 4th person!!

So last night I went to acquire my Classic Sirloin from the Chili's across from my hotel. While the cashier was unable to figure out how a credit card works, I was soon eating meat and garlic toast in my Marriott king size bed.

Hours later, I went to purchase a Scooby Doo orange push-up ice cream treat from the 7-11 (didn't push-ups used to be Flintstones? When did that change happen?) and the cashier from Chili's was there. Our conversation went like this:

Him: You're Micah, right?
Me: Um, yes...that's a pretty good memory
Him: I remembered it because you look like Tim Roth.
Me: Oh yeah? I've never heard that one before
Him: You don't happen to play music do you?
Me: Nope sorry and I live in Wisconsin, why?
Him: The music scene here sucks and I'm looking for band members
Me: Sorry

I thought about screaming, "This is a Robbery!!!" but figured it might not go over well with my Indian friend behind the 7-11 counter. My ice cream was paid for at that point and I left, but I really started wondering first of all how this guy remembered my name from 5 minutes at Chilis, and second, what in my supposed similarity to Pumpkin qualified me to join this guy for a jam session.

Anyways, Tim Roth can now join the exalted group of Tom Petty, Dirk Nowitski and Steve Nash as my doppelgangers. Or this guy was just high. You make the call. I think I could handle that gun.


3 comments:

  1. That's a jam session I'd like to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you forgot to mention that you do play music, but only death metal...and he didn't make the cut

    ReplyDelete