Wednesday, February 18, 2009

FLOE RIDA


As I walk into work yesterday, two of my kitchen staff guys are sitting at the bar giggling at the local news paper. Of course I inquire as to what it is that they are laughing about, and they point to an article that reports about three UW Eau Claire students who decided it would be a good idea to hop on a large floe of ice that had broken off and was floating down the Chippewa river.

"What?" You may be asking. "Yes!" is my response. You can read the full article here

I have never been really proud of my hometown, but this seals the deal.

Farewell Eau Claire, I will no longer wonder why your student population is dying in the Chippewa river.

2 comments:

  1. when you italicized "proud" I could hear you saying it in my mind...and it made me laugh out loud a little

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Floe Rida"... fucking brilliant, P. Real class.

    ReplyDelete