Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Everyone Load Your Guns


Today was a special day for me. 

I met one of my heroes Tom Bulleit. Tom is the head distiller of Bulleit bourbon, which in my opinion is the best bourbon you can get your drinking hands on for the price. Bulleit (pronounced just like the ammunition that occupies your side arm) has been a part of my drinking pride for about two years now, but has recently gained in popularity which to my joy has made it much more accessible. For the first year or so I would have to special order it from my local liquor joint, but now I can find it almost anywhere I find myself wetting my lips. 

My advice to anyone who cares for it is this: Put down your Jameson shots, your Macallan neat, and even your Powers on the rocks. Pick up the Bulleit, weather it is neat, on the rocks or shaken up in a delicious Manhattan, this fine spirit will constantly keep your gun loaded and give you the marksmanship that you need for a night out on the town. 

2 comments:

  1. I will not put down my Powers on the rocks thank you very much, but I will have to pick up a bottle of this to test the "hype."

    ReplyDelete
  2. EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY: This is a cease and desist order issued from the Internal Affairs Bureau of Wiscorksin. All suggestions that Powers Whiskey be "put down" must herein stop, unless by "put down" you mean drink the whole bottle in a single sitting. Then, of course, we will send delegates to monitor activities and assist in all matters pertaining to "putting down" the whiskey. Minister Alan O'Keeffe with be dispatched forthwith.

    ReplyDelete